Monday, May 16, 2011

Rest assured..

Be clear that my pizza making quest has continued, even as my posting has lapsed. Right now I am making pies about once a week. Each time, tweaking things, in that never ending quest to make great pies.

This week brought back the Jim Lahey no-knead recipe, with the addition of some whole wheat flour to amp up the flavor. This is one of those recipes that is so easy, its almost not believable. Mix, wait, shape, cook... oh and its super tasty too.

Last night I made a margherita with fresh basil from the farmers market.


IMG_8194

Which brings me to a conversation I had with my sister-in-law. She asked how do you know whats in season. I responded that the easy way is to go to the farmers market and what ever they have... it's in season. Too easy, and never fail.

Our market opened a couple weeks ago and I have enjoyed seeing old friends, oh and great produce. Namely amazing asparagus. What better way to prepare great produce, then do nothing...

Here I shaved a stalk over some burrata. Drizzle with oil and vinegar and season with salt and pepper.


IMG_8193

No comments:

Post a Comment