Saturday, October 3, 2009

Even I mess stuff up

The other day I had defrosted some caramel to use to make apples. When we made the caramel apples, I think that the caramel separated, and the fat prevented it from sticking to the apples. None the less, it turned into a huge mess, though tasty.

Not wanting to through it out I wanted to use the apples for something else. I had recently read this recipe for a tarte tatin and was inspired.





I stated by dicing the apple, and heating with the caramel over medium heat until the apples were soft but not mushy, about 10 minutes.





While the apples were cooking I made a quick crust dough. I like the crustada dough from Al Forno. Its easy and holds up well to handling.

Roll the dough out and using a 10 or 12 in pan turn upside down and cut out a circle to fit in the pan.



Butter the pan and pour the cooked apples in spreading to make a singe layer. Then top with the dough.


Cook in a 400 deg oven for about 20 to 25 minutes until golden.


Once cool, flip the pan onto a plate and serve with vanilla ice cream.



No comments:

Post a Comment