Wednesday, January 5, 2011

OK OK...

So I've been a bit absent from the blog lately...mostly due to a crazy fall, with lots of travel, but I'm back now and want to get back to things.

While we were in Tucson, I had the pleasure of using my in-laws pizza oven. Coincidentally, my aunt and uncle from Montreal, were passing through from Mexico and they brought me some Oaxaca Cheese, similar to Jack but stringy like mozzarella. The ball shown below came about the size of a grapefruit and was one long piece, about an inch wide. Its a touch salty, but melts nicely. What better way to use then on pizza?


IMG_7352

I topped the pie with the Oaxacian Cheese, thinly sliced red onion and roasted red pepper with a sprinkle of fresh pepper.


IMG_7496

It was a hit.

Thanks Rita and Joe!

No comments:

Post a Comment