Monday, January 10, 2011

Over Night French Toast

This weekend was my father-in-laws birthday, and by special request he asked for French toast. This was also inspired by my mother-in-law who recently told me about her manicurist's over night recipe.

Luckily, he game me enough time to make the bread...but that is a whole other story.

Over Night French Toast
One loaf challah or brioche, thickly sliced
6 eggs
1 1/2 cup milk, buttermilk, or cream (or any combination)
1/2 white or brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt


Thickly slice the bread.

IMG_7521

Lay the slices out in a deep pan. Meanwhile mix the rest of the ingredients, and pour over the bread. Turning to coat both sides. Cover and refrigerate over night.

IMG_7523

You can cook the slices in a pan as you may normally would or bake on a cookie sheet in a 375 oven about 15 - 20 minutes, then turn and cook another 5 or so.

I served with some bananas warmed in syrup.

IMG_7524

No comments:

Post a Comment