Sunday, February 20, 2011

Oh so close

As I have been tweaking my dough recipe, I have gotten so close to great pizza. Last night might be one of the best.

The dough is made with 25% culture, way more than I've seen elsewhere, but it adds a great flavor. I've also been upping the water, this recipe was with 70% hydration. I let the dough bulk ferment, rather than dividing before letting it rest in the refrigerator for 4 days. Then let the dough sit out and proof for longer than I had, almost 6 hours. The result was a great, light open crusty dough. It did need a touch more salt... So I guess I'll have to try again.

This pie as a mixture of white and crimini mushrooms.

IMG_7891

Here you can see the great cornicione (crust).

IMG_7892

Second was my standard garlic with hot peppers.

IMG_7894

And finally a nod to Buffalo wings. This was topped with Frank's Hot Sauce and blue cheese, then finished with shaved celery.

IMG_7896

No comments:

Post a Comment