Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Pizza Night in Chicago

Wednesday may be Prince Spaghetti night in some homes...but Monday is turning into Pizza Night at ours. I once again tried a new recipe. This one came via my mother-in-law who pointed out a who set of articles on epicurious.com on pizza.

I tried this one. With a few tweeks. I added more salt, used High Gluten Flour and added oil.

I also made a simple salad of greens, a thick mustard vinaigrette and shaved Parm.

The simplest way to get nice big pieces is to use a vegetable peeler.


For the pizza this week I wanted to try something new. I went for a "sausage" and onion with BBQ.


I sauteed the onions, then added the "sausage" and cooked until browned. Then poured on some BBQ sauce, and seasoned with salt and pepper to taste.






Though good, the flavor still wasn't there. The best still is the no-knead dough.

No comments:

Post a Comment