Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Stir Fry

Stir frying is a simple and quick way to prepare dinner. Rather then try to time the cook of the different vegetables perfectly, cook each separately. Then toss in a bowl when they are almost done. See the bowl in the background below. Make sure that the wok (or pan) is really hot, the idea is that things cook quick over high heat. The veggies will be cooked, but still have some crunch.


After you cook each item individually, make the sauce in the bowl. I used this Kung Pao Sauce with the addition of peanuts, from Ming Tsai. (As a side note Ming's restaurant Blue Ginger, is in my home town yet my parents have never taken me. Also, my friend Liz can confirm that Ming is really nice, as I had heard.)


To go with our veggies, I made some fried tofu. To help with the frying, press the tofu between a couple of plates lined with towels and a weight on top, I used a mellon (organic of course). Let this sit for at least 30 minutes.


Toss the tofu with a mixture of flour and corn starch, salt and pepper.



Then fry in a little oil. Cook a few minutes per side until browned and crispy.



No comments:

Post a Comment