Thursday, June 2, 2011

Spring Garlic pasta

One of the best parts of the farmers market is all the produce that you can not get at the grocery store. Last week brought spring garlic, similar to spring onions (scallions) they have a subtle garlic taste.

For this simple recipe I used thinly sliced spring garlic with a frozen spinach pesto. Simple quick and super tasty.



IMG_8442

The pesto I had made several weeks ago and froze the left overs in ice cube trays. Then when I want a little to add to a sauce or soup I can pop it out and mix it in. Not only is this a great way to store left over sauces and fresh herbs, it is how you make your own baby food.

IMG_8443

After sweating the garlic, I added the spinach pesto cube and some of the reserved liquid to form a nice sauce.

IMG_8445

Add the cooked pasta and top with cheese.

IMG_8446

No comments:

Post a Comment