Tuesday, May 26, 2009

More Pizza

Its been a couple days, so time for more pizza. We had some left over fake sausage from the weekend, so I made a quick onion and sausage pizza.This is a play on the sausage, pepper and onion sandwich.

I'm not usually a fan of substituting foods, the reason I don't eat meat is that I don't eat meat so why eat fake meat, but every once in a while its nice to something on a bun. Also, both my wife and I particularly like the flavor of sausage, though would never eat a meat one.


Sausage with Pepper and Onion Pizza
1 small onion
1 sausage
1 pizza dough
cheese
1 pepper (or Bari peppers)
Italian Seasoning
Salt and pepper

Saute the onions with salt, pepper and some Italian seasoning in oil on high heat.



Slice the sausage and add to the onion. Cook until nicely browned.


Top the pizza with the onions and sausage and I added some of the Bari roasted peppers. This gives a nice sweet/spicy flavor.


Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment